Sunday 30 March 2008

RICE

So I think a running lay-off is now in order. I think I've badly bruised the heel of my right foot to the extent that even walking up the road is painful. So lots of rest, ice, compression and elevation for the next week or so. With the Civil Service 10k championships & the Tewkesbury Half marathon looming on the horizon, I need to get myself healed sooner rather than later. I was thinking about running at Chedworth next Sunday, but that's now out of the question.

Oh well. I suppose I've been lucky with injuries for a while. Nothing since my hamstring and groin injuries of 2006 & 2007. Hopefully with rest this week, my foot will sort itself out quickly.

R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, if you've got races to focus on in the horizon, get some rest in now (and maybe some cross training - swimming/cycling) so you don't make things worse.

I've been out of (running) action for over two weeks now with calf trouble. Gonna give it at least another week before I try and run again. It was tough the first few days but I'm kinda enjoying not running at present - as I'm getting my running 'kicks' from watching/supporting local races at the moment.