Thursday 27 March 2008

Rest? Nah!

So I decided to run the work's lunchtime race yesterday. I actually figured it was an easier option that the Harriers Tuesday night workout so with tentative ankle, I had a go. Glad I did as I produced a PB, by over a minute. So that's three runs with my new go-faster race shoes, three PBs! Of course, it's not about the shoe ;)

As per my normal wrecklessness, I went off far too quickly covering the first mile in 5.47; the remaining 5 miles were gradually slower in line with the undulations of the course. Reasonably quick finish although I was struggling over the line.

Ankle is a bit sore today, but I'll give it a gentle workout tomorrow in the hope that increased activity will cure it and prove the entire medical world wrong!

Here's the MB from the race:

No comments: