Sunday 9 May 2010

Tewkesbury Half Marathon



I stuck to the plan, well sort of. Went out a little quick but reigned it in for the first 5 miles and was smack on the schedule of 6.40 min/mile average. I then increased the pace by about 10 sec/mile but came undone a bit around mile 8 where there was a little incline and a head wind. Miles 9 & 10 were good, 11 a little slow but really pleased to hit 6.20 min/mile for miles 11 & 12. It's a nice feeling to pass other racers that far into a race. Amazingly, my fastest mile was mile 13! Is that right or does it mean I took it too easy in the rest of the race??? Hmmmm. I think I managed to duck inside the top 5% too.

So a PB of 1hr26min53sec and on reflection now, I think I could have gone a little faster. Sounds like a challenge!

Good support out there today too!

No comments: