Saturday 28 June 2008

Tough one

That was a tough race.

Awful start, got blocked in at the back of the group and had to spend the first mile squeezing past other runners. Middle section (miles 2-9) ok, got a good rythm going and made good progress. The field spread right out and as I went up past the Air Balloon I was running with a chap from the Great Western Runners Club. We ran together for quite a while until he expired on a hill and I carried on. At about mile 10, my legs started going. Probably due to the marathon on Sunday so I supped some frog intestines (aka energy gel) and a swig of lucozade and hoped for the best. Then a strange thing happened. I had been running alone for a couple of miles, nobody in front, nobody behind and as I crested a hill in the woods, suddenly there were 3 runners right behind me. No idea how they had caught me that quickly but it took them another mile to pass me. Then I re-passed one of them on Coopers Hill. Strange.

Anyhoo, I dug deep up a couple of lung busters and arrived at the finish in foot agony yet again. My time of 1hr 37min was about what I hoped for and I finished 10th. Pretty good.

So my feet. Blisters again and they definitely need time to heal (heel, get it?) now because they look like I've crossed the Sahara in flipflops.

So the next race is the 'Race for Life' where I get to watch Helen and the two Rebecca Louise's run while I put my (absolutely awful) feet up!

So here's the Motion Based output, you can see from the elevation chart, that was no picnic.

Not sure how the team did overall, will check later for results.

No comments: