Sunday 1 June 2008

Cotswold Way...

..too painful for my feet. I had planned to recce Leg 4 of the Cotswold Way with Dave today so when I run during the Cotswold Way Relay, I'll know where I'm going. Of course, my feet were agony yesterday to the point where blood was spurting out of one of my toes, near the root of the nail. So I patched myself up with plasters, compeed and even iodine (!) and gingerly put my trail shoes on this morning. Ouch. No way. So I ran in my normal road shoes for 12.5 miles along a really nice trail, through woods, up some fairly gruelling hills and finished in reasonable shape. Toes are still complaining like billy-oh, but 34 odd miles in three days ain't bad.

So I'm off to get them sorted out again for the evening, not only do they look awful, the iodine adds a really deathly look!

No comments: