Thursday 26 June 2008

Recovery

Just been out for a nice little meander from Cleeve toward Stoke Orchard with Rusty. Nice little run across the fields until I lost track of the path so we turned back. Not sure how far it was, probably 4-5 miles or so but a useful test to see which parts of me hurt. Not much actually, just one toe on my left foot that is giving me some grief and is quite concerning given the relay on Saturday. I'm sure some taping and suffering will see me through.

Talking of the relay, I'm running stage 4 which can be seen by looking at http://www.cotswoldwayrelay.co.uk/S4.htm

It's just over 20km long, a bit hilly and described as 'hard'. Nice, so how come I get the longest stage? The record for men stands at 1hr 18min, and I'll be shooting for somewhere around 1hr 35min which would have placed me in 13th place last year. So we'll see how it all pans out on Saturday.

No comments: