Monday 16 June 2008

Here we go!

My run to work last Friday (the 13th I hasten to add) turned into a face-off with the wildlife. Firstly there were bulls in one field that is usually free from rabid, human eating animals. Still, unphased I confidentally approached them until they all looked my way and started their advance. I tactically retreated and circumvented the field. Next was a focussed dive-bombing attack from a buzzard. I must have been near its nest 'cos it was determined to scalp me and tried at least a dozen times until it got fed up with handfulls of dirt being thrown at it. Lastly was my favourite field of bulls. Thankfully they were in the adjacent field on Friday but they still charged and put the hairs on my neck on full alert. On the way home I ran the road route; got a huge nosebleed and an attack of the munchies so it was not great.

So based on all that I've sent off my application for the Cheltenham Circular Challenge. Sunday will see my first full marathon attempt, not one to take an easy option (the all time record is 4hr 15min) - I think it's going to be a long, hard, painful slog. Great stuff.

Have a look:

http://www.cheltenhamcircularchallenge.org.uk/

No comments: