Sunday 22 June 2008

Cheltenham Challenge Marathon



So I did it. The Cheltenham Challenge Marathon was certainly a challenge. Great weather for it today and I must say, the marshalling and volunteer work around the course was first class although I surprised a couple of marshalls who were a bit slow in showing me which way to go next! Hard slog but I finished in 4hr 06min which was a whole lot faster than I was expecting. Also, that broke the course record by 9 mins!! I'm not sure if anyone else finishing later than me went quicker, but I was definitely the first person to complete the marathon today, starting at 8am this morning.

A couple of slow miles. The first was the never-ending hill up from the Resevoir near the A40 and the second due to me having to stop and sort blisters out and use the loo. So all in all, delighted with the time.

The last mile was a bugger - all uphill and through oil see rape plants that were waist high and were determined to wrap themselves around my ankles - not what you need after 25 miles of cross-country slogging.

Anyway, here's the Motion Based output.

No comments: