Monday 25 February 2008

Bourton 10k

Well, an interesting race indeed. Excellent conditions yesterday and my debut race as a 'Harrier'. My race plan went out of the window within the first mile (as usual) as I clocked a 5.45 min mile. The second mile was also under 6 mins, my plan was to start easy and gradually increase the pace. Anyway, my overall time was 38:46 with a 5.58 min / mile pace which I am extremely pleased with!!

Helen, Josh & Bethany were there to cheer me on, although I don't think Bethany really got in to the spirit of things ;)

I was running behind Laura Kent for most of the race but couldn't reduce the gap which stood at about 50m for about 4 miles. When the race reached the town centre I managed a surge which closed the gap but left me struggling during the final kilometre. From somewhere I found a sprint finish and managed to overtake Laura, although not my proudest moment!

Good times all around for the Tuesday night runners. Ray was 35:50 (ish), Laura must have been about 36:50 and Dave a 38:30 (ish) and given his recent ITB troubles, a very good time indeed.

Just waiting to find out the overall results though, website hasn't been updated yet (http://www.bourtonroadrunners.co.uk/10k_results.htm#)

Here's the Motion Based info:

No comments: