Thursday 7 February 2008

Funny ole week

Wednesday morning saw my weekly running total at an amazing 0 miles! Didn't run with the Harriers on Tuesday as my services (mainly the nappy changing and bathing) were required. So by the time I left for work on Wednesday, not a single mile had been run this week. However, Thursday evening now and I've done 25 so I've caught up quite nicely. Actually, I've run the equivalent of a marathon since yesterday morning, almost. Not a great time though, 36 hours :)

Having just read 'Ultra Marathon Man', and especially the closing chapters were Dean ran a 200 mile race down through California (mile 200 was a sub 6 minuter too), it makes my 6 mile trek to work seem very hopeless. Although, I bet he'd find Bushcombe Lane a challenge just like me!

Next race for me is the Boughton on the Water 10k, which is in a couple of weeks. Hoping to reduce my 10k PB but not so sure after this week. My run home from work yesterday was horrific. I set off too quickly and by mile 3 was bonking really badly. By the time I got home I was gasping for a sugary cup of tea and food. I also had a nosebleed on the way so I must have looked particularly handsome when I came through the door. A bit of blood always brings out the wolf instinct in Rusty!

R.

No comments: