Sunday 25 April 2010

Good Training



Ventured out today to try a 5/5 training run. That being, 5 miles steady at about 7.10 min/mile pace followed by 5 miles a bit faster, around 6.50 min/mile resulting in an overall pace of 7 min/mile. If I can train like this, then I can race too but with quicker mile pacing. It was not a great start. Humid, full of Indian food from last night, tired and under-motivated the first 4 miles were a struggle. Still, I managed to hit the average times pretty well and after 5 miles I was at about 7.14 average. The change-up in pace was actually quite a relief and a quicker foot turnover felt good. If you look at the mile splits, you'll see I was pretty much smack on the original plan with an overall pace of 7.01 min/mile.

Just need to add another 3 miles and increase the pace now in time for a PB :)

No comments: