Tuesday 13 April 2010

Mill Lane



With the onset of lighter evenings and better weather, we decided to return to the 'summer running routes' tonight with a heave-ho up Mill Lane to the Masts on Cleeve Common. Twas tricky work! Mill Lane is a fairy long, winding lane that expires after about a mile and gives way to some gnarly track through some woods before appearing at the top of Cleeve Hill. It's steep, about 25% in places and we overtook some cyclists at the steepest part :)

Legs were a little tired after Monday night's exertions and I tired on the downhill back to base. But overall a good route and nice to get back to some more interesting running routes. I even took my heart rater monitor today to see how close to expiring I could get - pretty close by all accounts! I don't usually bother with the monitor as it usually moves around my chest and gets on my nerves, but useful tonight!

Right, need some Cheerios now.

No comments: