Sunday 6 April 2008

Tentative first steps

I've been very sensible and haven't run a step for 9 days. The foot has been feeling much better this weekend so I went out for a very gentle plod around the block. Not bad, but no 100% better. The inhibiting pain wasn't there although I felt a bit of discomfort now & again. I'll get some ice on the heel tonight and will take it easy for the next week or so. Fingers crossed, I should be ok for the Civil Service 10k Championships in London in a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure how my pace will be by then.

I'm currently reading 'Extreme Running' by Ranulph Fiennes (foreward by him anyway) which selects the best ultra running races from across the continents. From Badwater to Comrades, Marathon de Sable to the North Pole Marathon. Interesting book covering running events the likes of me can only dream about!

No comments: