Friday 25 April 2008

One big hill

So I missed out yet again on Tuesday with the Harriers as I was in London. So I went for a gentle 4.5 mile XC as it was such a lovely evening. I followed up on Wednesday by running a similar route to Dave, Laura & Ray who ran through Prestbury, up over Cleeve Hill and down through Woodmancote, Cleeve. I ran the opposite direction and ended up with a stride short of 10.5 miles. Cracking evening for running although my enforced layoff (foot injury + extended chest cold) caused some personal consternation climbing Bushcombe Lane. Determined as I was, my lungs were rasping! Anyway, I plodded onwards and upwards over Cleeve Hill, through a herd of dangerous looking cows and down the other side. In that 10 mile run I saw: cows, sheep, horses, rabbits, lamas(!) and hurdled approximately 15 stys, ran through countless gates, over a railway line and three cattle grids.

Here it is:

No comments: