Wednesday 16 April 2008

Never rains but it pours.

So just when I think my foot is well enough to take some miles, I get a cold. I didn't run on Tuesday with the Harriers as planned, am not running tomorrow as planned so it's all gone to rats. Sensibly (which I am not known for), I have decided to withdraw from the CS 10k next week; I simply haven't prepared well enough. I was hoping to crash train this week in the hope of getting some quality miles in my legs but the cold has seen to that. So I'll give up on next week and now aim for the Tewkesbury Half Marathon next month.

Hopefully by the weekend I'll be ok to get out for a nice long, but relaxed plod and then start picking up the pace next week.

On reflection though, the cold-induced layoff may be beneficial giving my poorly right foot time to heal better. Silver lining possibly!

R.

No comments: