Tuesday 23 February 2010

Good news / bad news

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Cleeve Loop

Following a good couple of weeks focusing on a bit of speed, I thought I'd give my benchmark route a blast on Sunday. My fastest time for this run ever is 27:40 which, for a 4.33 mile loop, is 6.25 sec / mile. I ran that in 2008 just prior to the Bourton 10k so I reckoned it would give me a good idea of my form. Well it went quite well. It didn't feel particularly fast and it was a bit windy in places but I stopped the watch at 27:40, 6.25 sec/mile! Couldn't believe that, spot on to the second. Really quite pleased with that result given 2008 I was running really well.

The bad news is I awoke on Monday with a very sore right calf; an injury that has sidelined me for several months over the last couple of years. I've been giving it the normal care and attention and it might not be quite as bad as I thought on Monday. I'll go for a gentle plod Thursday to see if it's ok and was a reaction to a bit of forefoot striking during the speed session (forefoot landing always makes my calves sore). I'd say I'm 50:50 for Bourton on Sunday. Poop.

No comments: