Sunday 30 December 2007

Rob-sty or Rustert?

As I was plodding through the mud today with Rusty panting by my side, it struck me that we would make a great combination in terms of my long-range ability mixed with his speed. He's still struggling with long distances since his 3 year slobbing lay-off in the USA where he didn't really get any long, ranging running due to the strict 'on-leash' laws in Maryland. He's comfortable doing 7-8 miles, but don't want to push him too much too quickly. Rusty is probably thinking 'enough of these short slow outings, let's run for 20 miles!'.

No matter how far we do run, I know he'll out-sprint me. I've tried ramping up the speed slowly or throwing a stick in the oposite direction, but he's wiley and still manages to beat me back to the car ;)

No comments: