Wednesday 26 December 2007

Happy Xmas!

Two really good runs this week, both on Cleeve Common. Firstly I went up on Monday with Rusty and ran a 6.5 mile route. Fairly quiet up there given the time of year, most people probably hustling around town. Different story today, was like Trafalgar Square up there this afternoon. I was glad to get off the Common where most of the 'ramblers' were and had a cracking 8.6 mile run. Quite muddy in places, definitely Walsh territory! Talking of which, I've just finished reading 'Feet in the Clouds' and thought I'd give this no holds barred downhill bonkers running that most Fell runners describe. Ok so I'm no Fell runner, and have only tried to run downhill fast on a few occasions but I must say, it feels as though either a) one of my legs is simply going to fly off or b) my groin is going to snap with the force of a aircraft carrier catapult. I'd describe my downhill style as 'helicopter with tail rotor removed' if you can imagine what that looks like ;)

Top Xmas present from Mother this year, 13 months subscription to Runners World and Helen (wife) came up trumps too with some Gore running trousers & SealSkinz gloves. Excellent!

R.

No comments: