Wednesday 28 November 2007

Tuesday Night with the Harriers

Long run last night - 12.3 miles. A bit longer than expected but good leg training as my recent runs haven't been of any great distance. Fitness wise, I felt fine last night but my legs stiffened after about 10 miles so the final 2.3 were a bit of a struggle. Still, I stayed with the others for longer than my first outing! A visiting runner called David joined us (Hi David) and he announced that he's a 39 min 10Ker - ahem, I think he may be a little bit faster than that!

So Battledown Hill is a bugger, going up anyway! By the time we went over the top my legs were in shuffle mode and stayed that way down the other side. My bike ride in to work today was a little slower than normal - a nice headwind to boot!

Here's the route we followed last night:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob :)

I had a great run last night, and yes it was a little longer than expected, especially with that killer hill a couple of miles before the end! I'll be writing up some notes about the run on my blog at rowerunning.co.uk which should be online Thursday evening...

Good to meet you and if I'm around in the area on a Tuesday night I'm be sure to come and run with you guys (and girl) again.

David