Thursday 10 June 2010

Past week



It seems much of my recent running has been done in very humid conditions. Last week, in the US, I ran four times and each one finished with me resembling someone who has just got out of the bath fully dressed. The four consisted of a couple of local trail runs (8 & 6 miles), a 5k race (awful awful conditions) and a 7 miler in Patapsco State Park (really muggy, but really good). On return to the UK I thought I'd be prancing around given my 'conditioning' but a run on Tuesday night (see above) clearly demonstrated I was still jet-lagged or have completely lost form. It was hard! 11.5 miles the latter part of which was a shuffling stumble.

Double run today which included a sweat-filled run to work and then a much more pleasant short outing at lunchtime.

Next week is the White Horse 5k which is a very popular club speed session. Not sure what I'll be expecting in terms of time, a sub 18 min would be very nice thank you.

No comments: