Tuesday 22 June 2010

Stop Thief!



Decided to hit some mile reps tonight rather than a long run. Quite warm for running miles as quickly as possible and given that, not bad times. Reps 1 & 3 were a little downhill and the times probably reflect that (5.43 & 5.52) so reps 2 & 4 a little slower. Weird thing happened though. I took my water belt and left it at the start of the country lane where I had planned to start my reps. I came back after mile 2 and had a drink and then placed the belt and water bottle in the long grass behind a sign. On return from lap 4 the belt and bottle gone! Nowhere to be seen! Now there was nobody around and who would stumble across that and think 'Great I'll have it'. The only thing I can think of was a curious and sweet drink attracted animal dragged it off. There was a small animal track close-by. Rabbit? Fox? either way they are probably high on my honey and fruit juice mixture right about now!

No comments: