Saturday 8 November 2008

The comeback?

Feeling quietly confident earlier this week, I tried a 20 min plod on a treadmill. I successfully completed the 20 minutes without dying of boredom and without any pain in the calf, not even a squeak (or should that be 'moo'??). So I left it a couple of days and then ventured outside for a real run, well about 4 miles anyway. Again, no problems so, true to form, I overdid things and ran again the next day and felt a fair degree of soreness :( Serves me right I suppose, so back to ice & stretch and see if it's just stiffness (ooh err Mrs) or something more sinister.

I was in Ottawa this week and there's some great running to be had along the canal or around some of the pathways running along beside the river (the River Ottawa strangely enough). Shame I couldn't really take advantage of that!

No comments: