Sunday 13 July 2008

Shoes

Am I the Amalda Marcos of running? Probably not, but I do have quite an array of shoes at the moment! I have:

Mizuno Alchemy 7's - general purpose running & training
Mizuno Elixir 3's - race shoes
Walsh's - for XC and when it's really muddy
Salomon Trail - multi-terrain shoes
New Balance - multi-terrain shoes

The Alchemy's are the ones I use for general running as they are a great set of stability / motion control shoes. I sometimes use the Elixir's for short, speed runs (less than 5 miles) as they have little stability/support. The Salomon's are excellent for off road, but they give me blisters after about 6 miles or so.

This afternoon I might give the Elixir's a blast around Cleeve - haven't done much speed running for a while now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that all....?

I currently have the following modest selection:

NB900 racing/fast training
Walsh PB aggressive x-country
INOV-8 Roclite trail
NB892 trail
Brooks GTS7 road (almost worn out)
Brooks GTS8 road (almost worn out)
Brooks GTS8 road (brand new)
Brooks ST3 Racer (brand new)
Asics Cumulus Gel (cushioned)

And probably a few more lurking in the cupboards :-)